Sunday, May 17, 2009

Machinima.com: Final Verdict

Okay, so after much debate with the idea of posting several of my existing videos on Machinima.com, I've come up with a final verdict that I hope you, the fans, will find much more reasonable.

Taking into consideration, the polls, comments and private messages about the idea in general about the Machinima.com partnership, here's the plan I've got going. Many people have a point about the music use, that it will cause a ton of problems regardless of the enthusiasm Machinima.com has given me and as we all know, The Gmod Idiot Box has an awful lot of music per episode. That of course, would mean I'd need to get an awful lot of permissions, run a lot of risks and probably wind up paying for a lot of them too. That is why I plan to drop the contract to upload The Gmod Idiot Box to Machinima and keep it to my channel alone. Other movies, such as Gmod Arena, I do plan to upload to them though, considering I've already gotten permission from Rob Dougan to use the Chateau track on Billy Mays VS Vince. Then of course, Jack Thompson VS Uwe Boll will also be available there as well, as long as I can get those custom ragdolls made of the two.

So hopefully by doing this, everybody wins. Yeah sure, I'd be lying if I didn't think the idea of profit from all five videos would be awesome, but what would majorly suck is letting the fans and subscribers down. Without you guys, Machinima.com wouldn't have even glanced at me. So not only am I keeping the idiot box on my channel for the subscriber's sake, but also for freedom sake. At least as long as the idiot box remains on my non-profit YouTube channel, I can continue to throw in plenty of music clips and gags while paying no mind to the consequences from a business standpoint.

Now to recover the original recording footage of Billy Mays VS Vince that I deleted a day before Machinima contacted me because I thought I didn't need it anymore. I hate the shit outta myself for that.

(In the end, the real final verdict is I've abandoned the whole contract. Once again, this post is kept up as a record of overcoming my ignorance)

18 comments:

  1. :'( goodbye beauty. Hello business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck yeah you don't go to Machinima.com
    !

    You're right, it sucks balls. Everyone likes it because they become "known"... But you'll need a fuckton of permissions and all the shit, machinima is not fair

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!

    I see you read my comment.. I apreciate that :)
    Also, I'm glad your keeping the most of your projects on your normal channel (such as the idiot box). I have no real problems with you moving the gmod arena over to machinima.com, though, since from the way I look at it, it's not as big as the rest of the stuff you're doing.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt really see a problem with you moving to machinima, as long as they seperated your videos into a different series and let you keep doing what your doing, but i guess having to get the permission for music is a HUGE pain in the ass, either way your vids are fantastic and as long as you keep doing them people are going to watch em' no matter how much they hate corporations and companies and all that antiestablishment kinda stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. greetings from Chile... this is way to far of another robot chicket imitations so, let's not talk about that in this case because is too damn good, besides, if the helth meter pops up. WHO CARES!? you have done a wonderful job here! keep at with the good work plz! i'm waiting for the 6th episode!!! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you wont be moving to machinima :)

    Because its a REAL pain in the ass when you have to get permissions for the music, but your videos rock!!!!

    Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good, I'm also glad as the most of the fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,
    Do you know if using just video from Garry's Mod infringes copyright?

    ReplyDelete
  9. whats so wrong with him moving to machinima.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i dont understand why people are sayin machinima isnt fair and blah blah blah. they just dont want a law suit on their hands. a lot of songs violations are traced on youtube. so its not them... is just the songs owners

    ReplyDelete
  11. there really is no point to joining it because you would only make like 1/8 a cent per click $1000 a year and $2000 every month for th e rights to the sound bits
    you should upload frag videos to machinama (i spelled it wrong i know stfu)youd make profit even though they suck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...wow. Nice solution, actually. Bravo. Didn't think you'd find a compromise this good to the issue, but, sure enough, you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pay for songs? not like pirating songs on an ipod, why pay for them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the Rob Dougan album I have soly because of dasboschitt, so I guess it is a win win for now. Dunno.

    ReplyDelete