Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Gmod Idiot Box: Final Verdict

With the release of the 10th episode of the Gmod Idiot Box, I noticed still quite a few people thinking that was the last episode. That was partially my fault for not updating the blog in several months from the topic of me being on the fence about quitting it or not and partially theirs for not reading the video description in that episode, but we've heard that song and dance before, right? Anyway, I figured I would take this moment to completely clarify that the 10th episode will not be the last episode. When will it inevitably end? I'm simply back to not having a clear answer to that.

As difficult as the episodes get to make as opposed to structured (sort of) story projects like Computer Quest and Update Day, it's still everyone's clearly favorite series and despite the HORRID number of technical disasters that followed with this recent episode, I can't deny that they're still fun to make. If I ended the series, there will always be those silly ideas that come to mind long after it was ended, and they'll pile up to a point where I'll want them on screen, but they can't ALL have their own full length project dedicated to them. Most of those ideas wouldn't stand up on their own for an 8 minute period, but collaborating 5 second to one minute skits into those 8 minutes would and always has allowed me to get away with a lot. Plus, like I said in the last post, nobody wants to see a 5 second joke in their sub box, but an 8 minute collaboration video feels almost like an event, both from my side and apparently the viewer's side as well.

I also wanted to touch on the disappointed comments received about the length of the video. Earlier I put it to a vote on what the length of the video should be and the majority voted for 30 minutes. At first, this was the plan in mind since that was originally going to be the last episode, but after consideration, I changed my mind and decided to continue the series. Now some would argue that it could have at least been 30 minutes as part of a milestone for the series making it to 10 episodes, but there's two reasons I still wouldn't do that. For one, the technical problems I faced had already made the project take forever and people's frustrations were understandably through the roof, and those who were patient, were losing interest, so rather than continue to take another eternity to make it to 30 minutes, I released what I had. Second, even if the technical issues weren't a problem, I have a strange habit of trying to outdo myself each milestone. You'll no doubt notice this with the subscriber milestone videos and their increased length. Once the channel made it to 200,000 subscribers, the 8 minute length of that video made people forget that Computer Quest was another milestone special. Imagine if I tried to top 30 minutes if I were to hit episode 20? That's something I don't think I'd be prepared to do, especially with a series that already takes such effort to make 10 minutes in the first place. So yeah, sorry for those who were disappointed in the false advertising. Normally I take into account every poll I put up because it's a great way to find out what the audience wants, but in this case, I had to make one exception. I will certainly try not to do that again, because I want every poll to matter.

All right, that does it for this update! Tune in next time when I touch on the sudden rumor as to whether or not Das Bo Schitt is an infamous BRONY!

18 comments:

  1. whether you decide to say you are a brony or not will decide the fate of MILLIONS... also you may lose or gain some subscribers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also btw, i'm sure that true FANs will stick with you no matter what isn't that right everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DasBoSchitt,
    Why dont you have some dirty hot sex with me?
    It ain't like I'm asking you to give it up for free.

    Also, could you do like a vlog style video? I'm curious what you look like =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite Gmod Machinima makers being a brony would make my life complete XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. People will complain even if you give them free money. That's just how it works.
    I was looking forward to Ep.10 and, well, it delivered: it was fun, I laughed (a lot), 10 minutes of fun is still fun, and I'm looking forward to other machinimas from you, whether it's a new TGIB episode or something else entirely.
    *Brohoof*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I got a feeling that the funniest is Episode 1. As the episode increases, it is getting........ You know what I am talking about..

    ReplyDelete
  7. gmod idiot box is epic. my only question is how your going to follow up on getting your head blown off by the CP superfan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that if you wald want to do a thirty minute video you should get other people to help with the production.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does 'CP' stand for 'Combine Police', 'Civil Protection' or both?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What the fuck is so great about this series? Just shitty animating, mingeposing, and crappy jokes.

    Stupid 13 year old fucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the fuck is so great about this Person? Just shitty insults, no user, and crappy jokes.

      Stupid 13 year old fucks.

      Delete
  11. When it's the next gmod idiot box?

    ReplyDelete
  12. And dasboschitt should work For Colombia Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont understand why, but I just thought that you should really include the DRINK YOUR PRUNE JUICE! into your next video. I could picture Coach saying that to Dr. Kleiner as hes throwing some 2 liter bottle at him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful article. Fascinating to read. I love to read such an excellent article. Thanks! It has made my task more and extra easy. Keep rocking. watch dogs download

    ReplyDelete